Monday, August 24, 2009

Ask whatever you want

Here following are 14 promises where we are enjoined to ask anything. If you just look at the words in bold type you will miss the qualifications, except in the last promise. We can get anything we ask if only it is God's will. This is because prayer is not a way for us to manipulate God to get Him to do stuff we want - it is how we enter into His work as co-laborers. God's work is that we might believe and come to trust and love Him and others. This is a purpose of prayer, that we can grow in trust and our love of God. It is not magic. Nor is it a way to inform God of stuff He doesn't know. Through prayer His kingdom, not ours, is manifested. "Your kingdom come."

1.If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matthew 21:22

2.Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

3.Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7, Luke 11:9

4.Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. Matthew 18:19

5.And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. John 14:13

6.You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. John 4:14

7.If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. John 15:7

8.You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. John 15:16

9.In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. John 16:23

10.Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. John 16:24

11. In that day you will ask in my name. John 16:26

12. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

13. And receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 1 John 3:22

14.This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 5:14

No comments: